In the past few days I’ve seen banners and heard adverts for wedding fairs, and read several things in magazines or online with advice about planning weddings. Congratulations to all those people who have a wedding on the horizon – I hope you have a lifetime of love and happiness to come. One of the things to arrange when planning a wedding is photography – I think most people would agree it’s important to have something special to look back on in years to come.
Most things to do with weddings can be scaled up or down between the most basic to fantastically elaborate. I’ve seen weddings with no “official” photography, just using snaps taken by guests on their cameras of phones – the danger is that you end up with a bit of a hotch-potch, including some rubbish ones, several OK ones, probably some great ones, but possibly missing some of the pics you’d hoped for. I’ve also seen and heard of weddings where every tiny thing is documented, from the bride surfacing from under the duvet first thing in the morning, to the last guests leaving late at night. That could give an amazing reportage style to you photo album, but could end up being a bit much and turn you amazing day into a bit of a chore? Most people will aim for somewhere in between, but whatever style of photography you’re after I believe that somethings are fundamental. Therefore, if I am taking photos at a wedding (or any event) I want to make sure I
- Get the photos you require. Every wedding is different and you may want very formal photography, very informal photography, or a mix. You may have your heart set on getting a particular shot. I’ll do my best to make it happen as you’d like.
- Keep stress levels down. I want to make sure that on the day you get to finally relax and enjoy yourselves. Therefore I’ll work with you beforehand so that I know what you want and how best to achieve that. I’ll prepare for the planned events, and also be ready to adapt to any changes. I’ll do my best to work smoothly so that the more formal elements of the photography flow well and everyone can enjoy themselves. I’ll try to make everything relaxed and enjoyable, and allow you to have some private moments on your special day. And I won’t keep you hanging around unnecessarily.
- Give a service that I believe provides good value. Obviously there will be a charge for my services, related to the amount of time I spend with you on the day. But there are no hidden charges or pressure to buy expensive prints or albums. The price agreed will include taking the photos plus editing of photos to make sure you get the best ones, and supply of edited photos on a memory stick with permission to print however many copies you require, produce photo albums or wall art etc. If you do want assistance producing a photo book or album, I will of course be happy to help, though that would lead to an additional cost.
If this sounds like the kind of service you’re after then please have a look at examples of my work (Amanda and Wesley’s wedding, preparations for Jamie’s wedding, and other examples of my wedding photography) and get in touch (see the form below or give me a call or send an email) so we can discuss your needs. Of course every wedding is different, but the list below shows common areas that people often want including in photographs. I’d be happy to include any or all of these, or to add in anything else that is important for you. So please do have a chat with me and hopefully I can help you get the photos you want, at a price you’re happy with, and without too much stress,
- Some informal photos of the wedding party, close family etc before the wedding. This may include getting ready and/or posed photos before the ceremony.
- Some details of the dress, flowers, shoes, accessories, suits details, button holes, transport, invitations, table decorations, etc.
- Photos during the ceremony, whether that’s at church, registrar’s office, or otherwise.
- Posed photos of the wedding party and guests after the ceremony.
- Photos of the reception, including food, drink, wedding party and guests, speeches and cake cutting.
- Less formal photos during an evening party, showing the dancing, celebrations and fun.
I do hope to hear from you soon, and that In Any Event Photography can help make a great day really special for you.